Monday, September 24, 2012

{ Home.Sweet.Home }

There is nothing I LOVE more than being at home and spending time with my hubby! Especially nights where we do absolutely nothing but 'BE' together!!  This week has been full of painting, cuddles, hot baths, way too much TV, alot of giggles {mainly over my husbands amazing dance moves} and of course FINALLY FINISHING OUR DRESSER!! 

Lucky for me, Sam has had less homework than usual this week --- {or it sure felt like it} --- which meant we were able to take a date night to the Real Salt Lake football {soccer} game. {yes I will always use my "British" words}


The game was amazing, RSL beat Portland Timbers 2-1 which meant they were through to the playoffs!!! 

Also Saturday i was able to Finish completely refurbishing our cute little dresser --- {I absolutely LOVE it!!} I can't wait to get it into our apartment!!






{Before and After}

We were so lucky to get our hands on this beautiful dresser!! Sam's neighbours were throwing it out and i'm alway looking for something crafty to do --- Before there were dints, stains, deep scratches all over the table top --- so I used a electric sander and sanded it right down, until the surface was completely smooth. I even sanded some of the draw faces which had indents from the previous handles! I then used a Satin Based wood stain, in the colour I liked {I think mine was Chestnut} --- which ended up alittle light for my liking so i added an extra couple of coats! FINALLY when the stain was completely dry, the bottom was ready to paint.. I started with a primer, followed by 3 coats of the paint colour I liked --- AND poof ... our cute dresser!!! 

This week I have also tried being a better little housewife --- which means trying to cook meals i've never done before! --- {Sam being my Guinea pig of course} 
  • Toad in the Hole - success {an english classic}
  • Baked potato soup - success
  • Marinated Salmon - Success
  • Sunday Roast {English Style} - Sam's new favourite
  • And tonight Beef Stew!!
Wish me Luck!! 

Olivia 
xx







No comments:

Post a Comment