Sunday, November 11, 2012

{ Elma.Skanchy }




Alma 11:41 …Now, there is a death which is called a temporal death; and the death of Christ shall loose the bands of this temporal death, that all shall be raised from this temporal death….
            It is days like today that I am thankful I know this profound truth. 
Just this week my husbands beautiful, loving grandma left this earth to a more wonderful and happier place. 
Although to the people she leaves here on earth this as sad occasion,
 we must always remember that there is eternal life. 
Growing up in the LDS, or (Mormon) church I have been taught this all my life.
I am so thankful to know and understand this truly fabulous doctrine. 
I didn’t know Elma Skanchy very long but what I did know about her was she had a kind heart. 
She truly cared about each one of her children and grandchildren, and they loved her too. 
She would spend time each family get together and talk to each grandchild one by one asking about their life and their accomplishments. 
She even did this with me, a new member to the family!
She would remember what we had talked about last time and pick up from there. 
She was an athletic woman in her youth and seemed to enjoy any type of sport. 
She loved to come watch Sam play Football/Soccer. 
 Although I had only known her a few months I felt her love.
She will be missed but we all know she will be in a better place. 
Today I am thankful for the LDS church and its doctrine about life. 

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you who have had a close friend or family member who have passed away. 

Just remember they are always looking down at us helping us through our struggles! 

Olivia 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment