Tuesday, November 6, 2012

{ Remember.Remember }

If there is one thing I miss about England 
{other than my family, friends and of course our delicious food --- apparently Americans think its disgusting ... they clearly haven't tried Nando's!!}
... its Bonfire Night... 


{I know i'm a day late --- but I was so busy yesterday and everyones pictures on instagram were making me incredibly jealous!! }

As a child I would always be more excited for Bonfire night, than I would for Halloween!! 
How could you not?? 
{When you can make a live sized person to burn on a fire!!}
In my Childhood, we would always spend the weekend before making our 
Guy Fawkes to burn!! 
{If you don't know what bonfire night is about, a man name Guy Fawkes and some Catholics planned to blow up Parliament with the King, so they hung, drawn and quarted the men, and burned them!!}
Here is why I love Bonfire night...
unlimited Bonfires,
Fireworks,
Sparklers,
Bonfire Toffee,
Banoffee Pie,
Toffee Apples {or caramel apples for you yanks},
Jacket Potatoes with homemade Chilli,
Friends and Family,
Hand Warmers,
Freezing cold nights,
and the chance to wear your wellies!!

Next year we are planning to have a bonfire over here... and I can't wait!!!

Olivia
xx

P.S --- Tonight--- much to Sam's dismay we will be at the theatre watching Oliver twist, while the elections are going... who wants to send us updates?? 




1 comment:

  1. I hope Sam liked Oliver! Bonfire Night sounds so fun, the jacket potatoes with homemade chili sounds so yum :)

    ReplyDelete