Friday, November 30, 2012

{ Oh.Christmas.Tree }




 I hope your Thanksgiving was as wonderful as ours!!
{Over eating and over shopping in my case}
On Black Friday we went with my In-Laws to cut down our Christmas Tree ---    
a Skanchy tradition that I inherited when I inherited the name.
Its a tradition I absolutely LOVE 
{and we will continue to do it when we have children --- a long way in the future!!}
 Saying I was unprepared for the outing, is definitely an understatement
--- Seen as it was 55 degrees and the sun was shining, you wouldn't expect to need snow gear... but I was extremely wrong!! --- leggings and waterproof UGGs and we were ready to hike!! 
The snow was up to my knees --- and of course the higher you hike the better the trees are going to be!! 
As much as I hate hiking .. I was so excited for our first christmas tree I actually enjoyed myself.
{Sam gave me a 30 mins to find a tree or he's picking the closest one to us} 

My muscle man dragging it down the mountain!!
Proud of our tree!!
After a tiring day of tree cutting --- We had to hit the sales and luckily by the time we got there the rush had calmed down and actually bearable!

Hope your enjoying decorating your homes for the Christmas Season, leave me a link to your blogs so I can see all your darling decorations!!

Olivia 
xxx  


P.S... I haven't forgotten about posting a picture of our tree fully decorated, I need to purchase a star for the top of the tree!!

1 comment:

  1. I have almost the exact looking pictures of when we went with the Grahams. Such a fun tradition! Looks like you guys got a great tree!

    ReplyDelete